Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Wessex in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wessex was an Anglo-Saxon kingdom in early medieval England.
Wessex or West Saxon may also refer to:
- Wessex Archaeology, an educational charity and the largest UK archaeological practice,
- Wessex culture, a name given to the predominant prehistoric culture of southern Britain during the early Bronze Age
- Early West Saxon, the Germanic dialect spoken by the West Saxons following Anglo-Saxon settlement
- Late West Saxon, the language usually known as Old English
- Thomas Hardy's Wessex, a semi-fictional region of England in the novels of Thomas Hardy
- Westland Wessex, a helicopter
- Earl of Wessex, an English title of nobility
- Wessex (European Parliament constituency), a former constituency covering Dorset and part of Hampshire and Wiltshire
- Wessex, Ontario, Canada, a fictitious city in the Canadian sitcom Dan for Mayor
- Wessex Formation, an English fossil site and geological formation
- Wessex RFC, a rugby union team in Devon, England
- Wessex League, football league covering Hampshire and parts of the surrounding counties
- The Wessex Institute of Technology
- Wessex Stadium, home to Weymouth F.C.
- The 43rd (Wessex) Brigade, British Army's regional command for the South West region
- The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, a British Army territorial unit
- Wessex Sound Studios, a renowned former recording studio, in Highbury, London
- Wessex Trains, train operating company that used to operate in much of the South West region
- Wessex Water, water supply and sewage company that covers much of the South West region
- The Wessex Rangers
- Wessex Scene, a student newspaper produced by Southampton University Student's Union (SUSU)
- Wessex Saddleback, a pig breed originating from Wessex
- The Wessex Way, a trunk road linking Bournemouth to the A31 and leading to Salisbury
- Wessex, a community that is a part of Morningside Place in Houston
- HMS Wessex, the name of more than one ship of the British Royal Navy
- Wessex (ward), an electoral ward in Somerset, England
- Wizex, a Swedish dansband
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wessex.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.