From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Wessex in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wessex was an Anglo-Saxon kingdom in early medieval England.
Wessex or West Saxon may also refer to:
- Wessex Archaeology – an educational charity and the largest UK archaeological practice,
- Wessex culture a name given to the predominant prehistoric culture of southern Britain during the early Bronze Age
- Early West Saxon the Germanic dialect spoken by the West Saxons following Anglo-Saxon settlement
- Late West Saxon the language usually known as Old English
- Thomas Hardy's Wessex a semi-fictional region of England in the novels of Thomas Hardy
- Westland Wessex a helicopter
- Earl of Wessex
- Wessex (European Parliament constituency), a former constituency covering Dorset and part of Hampshire and Wiltshire
- Wessex, Ontario, Canada, a fictitious city in the Canadian sitcom Dan for Mayor
- Wessex Formation, an English fossil site and geological formation
- Wessex RFC, a rugby union team in Devon, England
- Wessex League – football league covering Hampshire and parts of the surrounding counties
- The Wessex Institute of Technology
- Wessex Stadium, home to Weymouth F.C.
- The 43rd (Wessex) Brigade – British Army's regional command for the South West region
- The Royal Wessex Yeomanry – a British Army territorial unit
- Wessex Sound Studios – a renowned former recording studio, in Highbury, London
- Wessex Trains – train operating company that used to operate in much of the South West region
- Wessex Water – water supply and sewage company that covers much of the South West region
- The Wessex Rangers
- Wessex Scene – a student newspaper produced by Southampton University Student's Union (SUSU)
- Wessex Saddleback – a pig breed originating from Wessex
- The Wessex Way - a trunk road linking Bournemouth to the A31 and leading to Salisbury
- Wessex, a community that is a part of Morningside Place in Houston
- HMS Wessex, the name of more than one ship of the British Royal Navy
- Wessex (ward), an electoral ward in Somerset, England
- Wizex, a Swedish dansband
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wessex.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.