West Adams Preparatory High School
|West Adams Preparatory High School|
West Adams Preparatory at night
1500 West Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90007
|School district||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Black and Gray and Sky Blue|
The school is a part of the Los Angeles Unified School District and is operated by a nonprofit organization working in conjunction with LAUSD. The organization, MLA Partner Schools (formerly called Mentor LA), also operates Manual Arts High School.
The school, which opened in the fall semester of 2007, is divided into three smaller schools: School of Business, School of the Arts (SOTA), and the School of Invention, Design, Engineering & Architecture (IDEA)
Core programs include Advisory (a required course for every student, every year, learning about college and career opportunities) and "7 to 7" (an elongated school day offering enrichment opportunities for students and families before and after normal school hours).
Though West Adams is a LAUSD high school, it was designed in part by MLA Partner Schools, a nonprofit organization that now operates the school on a five year performance contract with the LAUSD school board.
Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
- "West Adams Preparatory High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Mapping L.A.
- Proposed Changes to West Adams Preparatory High School Area Schools (Archive), LAUSD, March 2007
- Central LA Area New HS #2, 55.98021, LAUSD, February 26, 2010.
- "Jamie Oliver lands a visit at an L.A. high school". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- Schuker, Lauren A.E. (12 April 2011). "Inside Jamie Oliver's Food Fight With L.A". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 23 April 2011.