West Allis Central High School
|Central High School|
|8516 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53227
|School type||Public Secondary|
|School district||School District of West Allis-West Milwaukee|
|Principal||Amy Van Deuren|
|Academic Dean||Kent Kleinowski|
|Age||14-15 to 17-18|
|Color(s)||Maroon and gold
|Athletics conference||Greater Metro|
|Rival||West Allis Nathan Hale|
West Allis Central High School is a public high school in West Allis, Wisconsin, located on West Lincoln Avenue and South 84th Street. The school boundaries are the City of West Allis, Village of West Milwaukee and portions of New Berlin and Greenfield. Central's cross-town rival is the Nathan Hale Huskies.
Central offers a wide variety or programs to garner academic success such as AVID, Project Lead the Way, and PBIS.
First built and opened in 1920 as West Allis High School, the school's name was changed to West Allis Central in 1941. The original building was closed in 1973, when the school moved to its present location on West Lincoln Ave.
Girls Athletics are softball, basketball, bowling, cross country, soccer, pom pons, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, strength and conditioning, wrestling and volleyball. Boys Athletics are basketball, bowling, cross country, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, strength and conditioning, volleyball, baseball, football, golf, and wrestling.
There are a wide variety of student organizations, including Book Club, Bulldog Buddies, Chess Club, Conservation Club, Debate, Foreign Language Club, Forensics, French Honor Society, Gay-Straight Alliance, German Honor Society, Helping Hands, HOSA, Invisible Children Council, Math Team, Musical/Play, National Honor Society, Orchestra, SADD, Skills USA, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, and WAC Yearbook.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (December 2016)|
- Gary J. Barczak, politician
- Allen Busby, educator and politician (graduate who later taught at WACHS)
- Jerry Golsteyn, former NFL quarterback from 1977–1984
- Robert T. Huber, politician
- Jeff Jagodzinski, former football head coach at Boston College; current head coach of the Omaha Nighthawks
- Dan Jansen, Olympic speed skater
- Rocky Krsnich, Major League Baseball player 1949-1953
- James Melka, former NFL linebacker in 1987
- Chellsie Memmel, Olympic and former World Champion gymnast
- Bill Miklich, former NFL player from 1947–1948
- Chris Witty, Olympic speed skater
- Szudy, L A Half Century of Public Education in West Allis, Wisconsin, From 1906 to 1959, Ann Arbor, University Microfilms International
- Szudy, L and Thompto, R 100 Years of the West Allis and West Milwaukee Schools, Robert Thompto and the West Allis West Milwaukee School District.
|This Wisconsin school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|