West Bengal Power Development Corporation
|Founded||Formed in July 1985 with only one generating unit at Kolaghat with 64 MW.|
|Founder||West Bengal Government|
|Headquarters||Bidhannagar, Kolkata, India|
|Shri Santanu Basu (Chairman and Managing Director)|
|Revenue||Having turnover 2728 Cr.in 2007-2008.|
|Owner||Government of West Bengal|
The West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL) is a company owned by the Government of West Bengal with the goal to carry on the business of thermal power generation in the state of West Bengal, India. The thermal power plants under WBPDCL are in Kolaghat, Bakreswar, Sagardighi, Santaldih,and Bandel.
- Kolaghat Thermal Power Station have a total installed capacity of 1260 MW (6x210 MW).
- Bakreswar Thermal Power Station have a total installed capacity of 1050 MW (5x210 MW).
- Sagardighi Thermal Power Project have a total installed capacity of 1,100 MW (2x300 MW, 1x500 MW). Another 500 MW capacity installation is under progress.
- Bandel Thermal Power Station have a total installed capacity of 450 MW (4x60, 1x210 MW). Renovation & modernisation of 215MW unit is modified from 210MW.
- Santaldih Thermal Power Station have a total installed capacity of 500 MW (2x250 MW).
WBPDCL works in tandem with West Bengal State Electricity Board (WBSEB).
- India, Press Trust of (15 December 2015). "Bhel commissions thermal unit in West Bengal". Business Standard India. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Official website
- Department of Power, Government of West Bengal
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|