West Caldwell Tech
|West Caldwell Tech|
|620 Passaic Avenue
West Caldwell, NJ 07006
|Type||Vocational Public high school|
|School district||Essex County Vocational Technical Schools|
|Vice principal||Joseph G. DiVincenzo|
|Enrollment||261 (as of 2015-16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.1:1|
West Caldwell Tech is a regional public high school located in West Caldwell, that offers occupational and academic instruction for students in ninth through twelfth grades in Essex County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools.
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 261 students and 32.3 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.1:1. There were 172 students (65.9% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 37 (14.2% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
West Caldwell Tech was named a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School by the United States Department of Education, one of 17 schools in the state of New Jersey and 269 school nationwide to receive the designation. The Department of Education awards the National Blue Ribbon to public and private elementary, middle and high schools for being high performing schools or to schools that show significant improvement in the students' level of achievement. West Caldwell Tech received the designation for being an "Exemplary Improving School."
Schooldigger.com ranked the school as 307th out of 389 public high schools statewide in its 2012 rankings (an increase of 8 positions from the previous ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the language arts literacy (64.7%) and mathematics (88.2%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
The West Caldwell Tech Eagles compete as an independent school with no conference affiliation, under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 232 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as North I, Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 187 to 490 students in that grade range.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- School data for West Caldwell Tech, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Essex County Vocational-Technical West Caldwell, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- 2012 National Blue Ribbon Schools All Public and Private, United States Department of Education, October 26, 2012. Accessed August 22, 2013.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2009-2010, Schooldigger.com. Accessed August 22, 2013.
- Essex County Vocational-Technical West Caldwell, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- League & Conference Affiliations 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Administration, West Caldwell Tech. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- Principal's Message, West Caldwell Tech. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- Vice Principal's Message, West Caldwell Tech. Accessed May 18, 2016.