West Cape (South Australia)
Inneston, South Australia
|Elevation||58 m (190 ft)|
|Location||14 km (9 mi) west of Marion Bay|
West Cape is a headland located on the west coast of the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia in the gazetted locality of Inneston about 14 kilometres (8.7 miles) west of the town of Marion Bay. It is the most westerly point of Yorke Peninsula. Since 1970, the headland has been located within the Innes National Park while the waters adjoining its shoreline have been located within the Southern Spencer Gulf Marine Park since 2012. Since 1980, it has been the site of a navigation aid in the form of a lighthouse.
- "Search results for 'West Cape, Cape' with the following datasets selected - 'NPW and Conservation Properties', 'Suburbs and localities' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- South Australia. Department of Marine and Harbors (1985), The Waters of South Australia a series of charts, sailing notes and coastal photographs, Dept. of Marine and Harbors, South Australia, pp. Chart 23, ISBN 978-0-7243-7603-2
- Boating Industry Association of South Australia (BIA); South Australia. Department for Environment and Heritage (2005), South Australia's waters an atlas & guide, Boating Industry Association of South Australia, p. 203, ISBN 978-1-86254-680-6
- "Innes National Park Management Plan" (PDF). Department for Environment and Heritage (DEH). June 2003. pp. 5, 7 & 45. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "MARINE PARK 12, Southern Spencer Gulf" (PDF). Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "West Cape lighthouse". The State Library of South Australia. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|