West Carrollton High School
|West Carrollton High School|
|5833 Student Street
West Carrollton, Ohio 45449
|School district||West Carrollton City School District|
|Color(s)||Red & Black
|Athletics conference||Greater Western Ohio Conference
|Rival||Miamisburg High School|
|Accreditation||Ohio Department of Education|
West Carrollton High School is a public high school in West Carrollton, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the West Carrollton City School District. Athletic teams are known as the pirates and the school colors are red and black. As of the 2013–14 school year, the school has an enrollment of approximately 900 students.
West Carrollton has been rated as "Effective" since 2002 by the Ohio Department of Education. The school met nine of the 12 state indicators for the 2005-2006 school year.
West Carrollton has won the Harold A. Meyer award for exceptional sportsmanship six different times since 2000. WCHS is home to the West Carrollton Marching Pirates. The marching band has won numerous awards throughout the Mid-States Band Association circuit. The band was MSBA class AA finalists in 2013 and 2014. The band is directed by Laura Bukosky, proceeding Adam Uhlenhake.
Dayton Outpatient Center Stadium
- Randy Stites --- Ohio U. Football
- Christine Jones Forman — senior astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Ty Harris — professional basketball player
- Alice Ripley — actor, singer, songwriter, and mixed media artist
- Scott James Wells — actor and model
- "2013–2014 Report Card for West Carrollton High School". Ohio Department of Education. 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2015. Enrollment data can be found under "School Details", then "Data Table" in the enrollment section
- "2006 Report Card" (PDF). ode.state.oh.us/reportcard. Ohio Department of Education.
|This Montgomery County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|