West Coast Cooler
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
History and marketing
It was launched in Dublin on 21 August 1984 but was relaunched in 2004 with a new image. It is primary marketed at young to middle-aged women. The relaunch involved an advertising campaign showing three women getting ready for a night out in a manner that resembled a sitcom with the slogan "It's Showtime!". The drink has been involved in promotions such as the sponsorship of the Belfast premier screening of the film Confessions of a Shopaholic and the West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK.
- This product is sold in 750 ml bottles or the 250 ml bottles in packs of 4 bottles from Off Licences, or can be purchased chilled in 250 ml bottles in pubs and nightclubs.
- On 6 July 2009, a new product was launched, "West Coast Cooler Rosé", which is made from rosé wine and berry and fruit flavourings.
- In May 2011 a new Citra variety was launched. The makers claim that Citra has a citrus taste.
- West Coast Cooler and Vodka was launched in 2014.
- A Cooler Cup can be made by adding strawberries, a slither of cucumber, fresh mint, a lime slice, a lemon slice, an orange slice and topping up with West Coast Cooler.
- A Constable Shuffle can be made using 2 shots of peach schnapps with one shot of Galliano, half a pint of cider and half a large bottle of West Coast Cooler.
- It can also be used as the base for any white wine spritzer.
- A CoolFast can be made by mixing 2 parts West Coast Cooler with 2 parts Buckfast.
- An LK - Traditionally a schooner glass with a nip of bourbon, a generous serving of west Coast Cooler and topped off with ice cold Coca-Cola.