West Covina Unified School District
West Covina Unified School District (WCUSD) is a unified school district located and serves the city of West Covina, California. It is located in the San Gabriel Valley area. The members of the West Covina Board of Education are Eileen Miranda-Jimenez (Vice-President), Steve Cox (President), Mike Spence (Clerk), Cammie Poulos (Member), and Jessica Showmaker (Member). The last Superintendent of WCUSD was Liliam Leis-Castillo who was dismissed as superintendent of schools by the current school board on Thursday, May 12, 2011.
There are 2 high schools (plus one alternative), 3 middle schools, 8 elementary schools, and 1 charter school in the district.
- Elementary Schools
- California Elementary School (3-6)
- Cameron Elementary School (k-5)
- Merced Elementary School (k-5)
- Merlinda Elementary School (k-6)
- Monte Vista Elementary School (k-6)
- Orangewood Elementary School (k-5)
- Vine Elementary School (k-5)
- Wescove Elementary School (k-2)
- Middle and Intermediate Schools
- Charter School
- High Schools