Coordinates: West Craven is an area in the east of Lancashire, England in the far northern part of the borough of Pendle. Historically the area was within the ancient county boundaries of Yorkshire and was administered as part of the Skipton Rural District of the West Riding of Yorkshire until 1974.
After 1974 and becoming part of the Pendle borough of Lancashire, the area that was formerly in the larger Craven area of the West Riding of Yorkshire has been known as West Craven owing to its cultural links with Yorkshire.
West Craven is also the name of a ward of Craven district in North Yorkshire, adjoining the West Craven area in Lancashire. The ward includes the parishes of Broughton, Carleton, Elslack, Martons Both and Thornton in Craven.
- West Craven Map
- West Craven Area Committee (Pendle Borough Council)
- West Craven Area Committee Structure
- "West Craven". Craven District Council. 2012.
- West Craven Online Homepage
- Barnoldswick Town Council Website
- BBC Sunday Stroll in Foulridge - including photography of West Craven from Noyna
- Lancashire Parishes Website
- Lancashire County Libraries Local Studies
- North West Development Agency Press Release 2005
- West Craven High Technology College
|This Lancashire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|