King Street, West Deeping
|OS grid reference|
|• London||85 mi (137 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
West Deeping is a village and civil parish in the South Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 255. It is situated on the A1175 road, 5 miles (8 km) east from Stamford and 2 miles (3.2 km) west from Market Deeping. It is the smallest of The Deepings group of villages situated around the A1175 road. Village population is 277.
The church of St Andrew dates back to the 13th century, with further additions in 1676 and 1803 and a restoration in 1876-77, and is Early English, Decorated and Perpendicular in style. It is part of The Uffington Group of the Deanery of Stamford, in the Diocese of Lincoln.
The village public house is the Red Lion.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "West Deeping"; Westdeeping.co.uk. Retrieved 6 July 2012
- Historic England. "St Andrew's church (350202)". PastScape. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "West Deeping P C C"; Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 6 July 2012
- "Uffington Group website"; Uffingtongroup.org.uk. Retrieved 6 July 2012