West Dereham St Andrew
West Dereham shown within Norfolk
|Area||13.51 km2 (5.22 sq mi)|
|– density||33/km2 (85/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||West Dereham|
|District||King's Lynn and West Norfolk|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||KING'S LYNN|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
West Dereham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 13.51 km2 (5.22 sq mi) and had a population of 440 in 176 households as of the 2001 census, the population increasing to 450 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
It is situated some 4 miles (6.4 km) east of the town of Downham Market, 12 miles (19 km) south of the larger town of King's Lynn and 37 miles (60 km) west of the city of Norwich. The village should not be confused with the mid-Norfolk town of Dereham (sometimes also called East Dereham), which lies about 25 miles (40 km) away.
Church of St Andrew
- Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Ordnance Survey (1999). OS Explorer Map 236 - King's Lynn, Downham Market & Swaffham. ISBN 0-319-21867-8.
- "Images of England". English Heritage.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to West Dereham.|
- Saint Andrews Church Website
- for West Dereham
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on West Dereham.
- Website with photos of West Dereham St Andrew, a round-tower church
- West Dereham Heritage Group page
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|