West Dublin/Pleasanton station
A view of the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station from south side of Interstate 580
6501 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568
|Connections||WHEELS: Tri-Valley Rapid, 3, 3V, 53, 54
Tri-Delta Transit: Delta Express
|Opened||February 19, 2011 (6 years ago)|
|Passengers (FY 2016)||3,692 exits/day 2.24%|
West Dublin/Pleasanton is a BART station on the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line, located in the median of I-580, just west of I-680, serving western Dublin and northern Pleasanton in the northwestern Livermore Valley.
This station was an infill station that began revenue service almost 14 years after the rest of this portion of the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line, opening on Saturday, February 19, 2011 with a ceremony taking place the day before.
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Westbound||← Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City toward Daly City (Castro Valley)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City toward Dublin / Pleasanton (Terminus) →|
|Avg. Weekday Ridership|
|Source: Ridership Reports|
The station was originally planned to enter into service as part of the original extension to Dublin/Pleasanton, which entered service in 1997. As a result, the station's foundation, along with some communication and train control facilities, already existed on-site.
Bus service is provided by WHEELS, including a line providing express service to the Pleasanton ACE station, and Tri-Valley Rapid (a Bus rapid transit line), using techniques such as signal prioritization and queue-jump lanes to provide faster bus service connecting Stoneridge Mall, Lawrence Livermore/Sandia Laboratories, and BART.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District. "Monthly Ridership Reports". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "BART riders celebrate grand opening of West Dublin/Pleasanton Station Saturday". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). February 18, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Cabanatuan, Michael (December 17, 2010). "BART to open West Dublin/Pleasanton Station". San Francisco Chronicle. Hearst Newspapers. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Pal, Meera (May 9, 2007). "Pleasanton gets look at 'transit village'". Tri-Valley Herald. ANG Newspapers. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Louie, Eric (August 10, 2009). "Welding issues could delay new West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station". Contra Costa Times. ANG Newspapers. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "A History of BART - The Project is Rescued". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "New West Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station". Route Schedules and Maps. WHEELS (California). January 2011.[dead link]
- Tri-Valley Rapid