West Dulwich railway station
Location of West Dulwich in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Southwark|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|October 1863||Opened as "Dulwich"|
|1926||Renamed "West Dulwich"|
|Lists of stations|
West Dulwich railway station is in the London Borough of Southwark in West Dulwich south London. It is in Fare Zone 3, and the station and most trains are operated by Southeastern, with limited service operated by Govia Thameslink Railway. The station is exactly 5 miles (8.0 km) from London Victoria and is located east of Croxted Road and is situated opposite Belair Park.
The line from Herne Hill to Beckenham Junction was built by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway (LCDR) and opened in 1863. The station was opened as "Dulwich" in the same year. The prefix "West" was added in 1926.
The typical off-peak service (Mon-Sat) is four trains an hour northbound to London Victoria (via Herne Hill and Brixton) and four trains an hour southbound to Orpington (via Beckenham Junction & Bromley South). On Sundays, there is a half-hourly service each way. These services are operated by Southeastern.
During peak time, there are also infrequent services to Bedford railway station and St Albans City railway station, via Blackfrias station and St Pancras railway station, and in the other direction services to Beckenham Junction via Penge East. These services are operated by Govia Thameslink Railway.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Bromley South Line
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- M.H. Cobb The Railways of Great Britain - A Historical Atlas. Shepperton: Ian Allan 2003
- Quick, Michael (2009) . Railway passenger stations in Great Britain: a chronology (4th ed.). Oxford: Railway and Canal Historical Society. p. 404. ISBN 978-0-901461-57-5. OCLC 612226077.
- R.H. Clark A Southern Region Chronology and Record 1803-1965. Oakwood Press, 1964.
- GB eNRT May 2016 Edition, Table 195 (Network Rail)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to West Dulwich railway station.|