West Galena Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
|West Galena Township|
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Supervisor||Charles Quick|
|• Total||11.2 sq mi (29 km2)|
|• Land||9.5 sq mi (25 km2)|
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4 km2) 15.18%|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||349.9/sq mi (135.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61025, 61036|
|GNIS feature ID||0429917|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 11.2 square miles (29 km2), of which 9.5 square miles (25 km2) (or 84.82%) is land and 1.7 square miles (4.4 km2) (or 15.18%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Galena (east three-quarters)
- Rawlins Township (north)
- East Galena Township (east)
- Rice Township (southeast)
- Menominee Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Greenwood Cemetery (Galena, Illinois) and Saint Marys.
- Galena Unit School District 120
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "West Galena Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.