West Georgia Technical College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
West Georgia Technical College (WGTC) is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) providing education for a seven-county service area that includes Carroll, Coweta, Douglas, Haralson, Heard, Meriwether, and Troup. WGTC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award technical certificates of credit, diplomas, with associate degrees being the highest level of award for which the College has been accredited.
Campuses are located in Carrollton, Newnan, Douglasville, and Waco, Georgia, respectively. These campuses were originally part of West Central Technical College (WCTC), based in Waco. However, the name of the Troup campus in LaGrange was retained in the 2009 merger, one of several mergers in the TCSG. Heard and Meriwether counties do not have full campuses but do have locations where classes are held.
The types of courses available are:
- Technical education provide individuals with one of the following awards:
- Adult education provide individuals one of the following awards:
- Continuing education provides individuals with short-term non-credit training designed for personal and professional development and enrichment.
- Customized business and industry training provides employers with employer-specific training.
- "Institution Details - Institution Name: West Georgia Technical College". Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2010.