West Indian cricket team in Australia in 2015–16
|West Indian cricket team in Australia in 2015–16|
|Dates||2 December 2015–7 January 2016|
|Captains||Steve Smith||Jason Holder|
|Result||Australia won the 3-match series 2–0|
|Most runs||Adam Voges (375)||Darren Bravo (247)|
James Pattinson (13)|
Nathan Lyon (13)
|Jomel Warrican (5)|
|Player of the series||Adam Voges (Aus)|
The West Indies cricket team toured Australia from 2 December 2015 to 7 January 2016 to play two tour matches and three Test matches. Australia won the Test series 2–0, retaining the Frank Worrell Trophy.
West Indies fast bowler Shannon Gabriel was ruled out of the series after sustaining an ankle injury on day one of the Hobart Test. He was replaced by Miguel Cummins. Usman Khawaja and Stephen O'Keefe were added to Australia's squad for the second and third Tests. Nathan Coulter-Nile was ruled out of the series after he dislocated his shoulder while playing in the Big Bash League. He was replaced by Scott Boland.
First-class match: Cricket Australia XI vs West Indians
2 – 5 December
Tour match: Victorian XI vs West Indians
19 – 20 December
- Victorian XI won the toss and elected to field.
- 12 players per side (11 batting, 11 fielding).
Test series (Frank Worrell Trophy)
10 – 14 December 2015
- Australia won the toss and elected to bat.
- Play was interrupted by rain on three occasions on Day 2 and umpires had to call for an early tea with play eventually resuming after the tea break. Play was also interrupted by rain on Day 3 with umpires calling for an early lunch and play finally resumed after the lunch break.
- The 449-run partnership between Adam Voges and Shaun Marsh is the highest 4th wicket partnership in Test cricket history. It is the second-highest partnership in Tests for Australia and is also the highest partnership in Tests against the West Indies. It is the highest partnership in Tests played in Australia and is also the sixth-highest partnership ever in the history of Test Cricket.
26 – 30 December 2015
- West Indies won the toss and elected to field.
- Rain delayed the start of play by one hour on Day 1.
- Carlos Brathwaite (WI) made his Test debut.
- The 100-run partnership between Denesh Ramdin and Jason Holder is the highest 6th wicket partnership for the West Indies at this ground.
- Australia won the series and retained the Frank Worrell Trophy, a trophy they've held for 20 years.
3 – 7 January 2016
- West Indies won the toss and elected to bat.
- Rain stopped play at 13:46 on Day 1 and delayed play for an hour and a half before tea was taken. Play eventually resumed at 16:00. Play was again delayed by rain from 16:50 to 17:35.
- Rain delayed the start of play on Day 2 by 39 minutes. Rain again delayed play from 10:41 to 12:00. Play was then delayed by rain at 12:15 and lunch was taken. Play resumed after lunch until rain once again stopped play at 13:42 and no play was possible for the rest of the day.
- No play was possible on Days 3 and 4 due to rain. This was the first time since Pakistan's tour in 1989–90 that two consecutive days were washed out in a Test in Australia.
- The start of play on Day 5 was delayed by an hour and 45 minutes due to rain. Rain further delayed play at 15:30 and tea was taken.
- Nathan Lyon became the fifth Australian spin bowler to take 100 Test wickets in Australia.
- David Warner scored the fastest Test century at this ground.
- "First day-night Test for Adelaide Oval". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Ramsey, Andrew (7 January 2016). "Benaud Medal minted for West Indies series". cricket.com.au. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Coulter-Nile called up for Hobart Test". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Sports Media. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "West Indies name Test squad to tour Australia". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Sports Media. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Injured Gabriel out of match, may fly home". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Cummins replaces Gabriel in Australia". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Khawaja in for MCG Test, Smith out of BBL". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- "Boland called in for Coulter-Nile". Cricket Australia. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Bravo anchors West Indians on rain-affected day". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Voges, Marsh notch up record fourth-wicket stand in Tests". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- "Partnership records". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Australia seal 20 years of Worrell Trophy dominance
- Coverdale, Brydon (6 January 2016). "Rain washes out second consecutive day". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Bowling records". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Coverdale, Brydon (7 January 2016). "Warner blasts 82-ball ton in inevitable draw". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 7 January 2016.