St Mary the Virgin parish church
West Kington shown within Wiltshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
|UK Parliament||North Wiltshire|
|Website||West Kington Village, Wiltshire|
West Kington is a village in Nettleton civil parish in Wiltshire, England. The village is close to the county boundary with Gloucestershire and 6 miles (10 km) southeast of the Gloucestershire market town of Chipping Sodbury.
The village is in the steeply wooded valley of the Broadmead Brook, a source of the Bybrook River.
The hamlet of West Kington Wick is 0.6 miles (0.97 km) southeast of the village.
The Church of England parish church of St Mary the Virgin has a 13th and 15th century west tower. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1856 to designs by the architect S.B. Gabriel of Bristol. It is Grade II* listed.
The farmhouse called Latimer Manor dates from the 16th century and is also Grade II* listed.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Cherry, Bridget (revision) (1975). Wiltshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. p. 564. ISBN 0-14-0710-26-4.
- Historic England. "Church of St Mary, West Kington, Nettleton (1022974)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Historic England. "Latimer Manor, West Kington (1183476)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Paine, Barry (17 October 2007). "Obituary: Dilys Breese". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance - Music Video
|This article about a location in Wiltshire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|