West Leederville railway station
Eastbound view from Platform 1 in January 2015
|Location||Railway Parade, West Leederville
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||2.7 kilometres from Perth|
99211 (platform 1)
99212 (platform 2)
|Opened||12 July 1897|
West Leederville station is a railway station on the Transperth network. It is located on the Fremantle line, 2.7 kilometres from Perth station on the boundary between West Leederville and Subiaco. It is the main station for Subiaco Oval.
A station at West Leederville was not part of the original Eastern Railway between Fremantle and Guildford when it opened on 1 March 1881. A realigned track through the new Leederville Cutting between West Leederville and West Perth station was opened for traffic on 9 June 1897, and on 12 July the station was opened as Leederville. The station was renamed West Leederville on 1 February 1913 to reflect the name of the local area.
The station closed on 1 September 1979 along with the rest of the Fremantle line, re-opening on 29 July 1983 when services were restored. In 2005, the platforms were extended to accommodate six carriage trains used on match days at Subiaco Oval. In 2007, a third platform was added on a stabling siding to the west of the existing platforms.
|99211||1||Fremantle||All stations||Perth||Through service via the Midland line to Midland|
|99212||2||Fremantle||All stations, B||Fremantle|
|99213||3||Mandurah||All stations||Mandurah||Subiaco Oval events only, express to Canning Bridge|
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Railway Parade (east bound)||906||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Railway Parade (west bound)||906||Rail replacement service to Fremantle station|
- "A Railway Record - the Marvels of Change". Truth. Perth, WA. 8 February 1913. p. 10. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "News in Brief". The Daily News. Perth. 10 June 1897. p. 2. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Western Australian Government Railways. Opening Leederville Station.". The West Australian. Perth. 12 July 1897. p. 3. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- History of Stations on the Fremantle Line Right Track
- Our History Public Transport Authority
- Public transport boost for major Subiaco Oval events Government of Western Australia 22 October 2006
- Fremantle Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Understanding Australia's urban railways Bureau of Infrastructure Transport & Regional Economics July 2012 page 12
- West Leederville Station Fremantle Dockers
- Media related to West Leederville railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Gallery History of Western Australian Railways & Stations
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
Free Transit Zone
towards Shenton Park