Alec Reed Academy
|Alec Reed Academy|
|Department for Education URN||134369 Tables|
|Head teacher||Gary Lobbett|
|Age||3 to 19|
Alec Reed Academy is a mixed all-through school and sixth form located in the Northolt area of the London Borough of Ealing, England. The school operates nursery, primary, secondary and sixth form departments for pupils ages 3 to 19.
Its predecessor, Walford Secondary School, was founded in 1955 as a secondary modern school for 11- to 16-year-olds. It later became Walford High School under the comprehensive system. The school changed its name to Compton High School and Sports College in 2001, after the Middlesex and England cricketer, Denis Compton. In 2003 Compton High School and Northolt Primary School were merged on the same site to form West London Academy, one of the first academies to be created in England. The school moved to new buildings on the same site in 2005. In 2012 the West London Academy was renamed Alec Reed Academy, in honour of its sponsor, the entrepreneur Alec Reed.
The school shares its campus with John Chilton School, a special school for pupils who have a physical and/or a medical disability. Because of this the two schools share many facilities and the entire campus is wheelchair accessible.
In June 2015 Ofsted awarded the Academy a "Good" rating. The rating was reaffirmed in June 2018, when Ofsted noted the school's strengths in ".....learning in the early years and primary phases", and its general sense of inclusivity. For maths and writing, the Academy achieved a "Well Above Average" rating for its overall performance at end of key stage 2, in 2017.
Notable former pupils
Walford High School
- 'Northolt: Education', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 121-122.
- "The schools that did not need saving - Article". TES. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- The Guardian, Tuesday 14 May 2002 - A little bit of... fun by Stephen Moss
- "UK | Education | 'Serious concerns' at new academy". BBC News. 2005-08-03. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Welcome to". Alec Reed Academy. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "John Chilton School". John-chilton.ealing.sch.uk. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Ofsted Communications Team. (2018-07-05). "Find an inspection report and registered childcare". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "All schools and colleges in Ealing - GOV.UK - Find and compare schools in England". Find and compare schools in England. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "I'll do Ealing proud says wheelchair basketball Olympics hopeful". Ealing Gazette. Archived from the original on 2013-07-25. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|