West Lydford is a village in Somerset, within the parish of Lydford on Fosse. The village is spread along a stretch of road called the High Street. At the north end of the village is a distinct group of houses known as Fair Place, on the site of a medieval fair.
There are two old weirs in the area of the village, the larger, downstream, of which was refurbished in 2012 and provides a pool which is used for Open water swimming. The upstream weir was earlier lowered from its original height to prevent flooding on the A37, where the road crosses the River Brue.
- "West Lydford fair". Victoria County History. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Lydford Wier website". Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Wild Swimming website". Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Lydford Hall website". Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Roadbridge over River Brue at NGR ST 5651 3185". Images of England. English Heritage. Retrieved 25 January 2009.