West Maas en Waal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
West Maas en Waal
Church in Boven-Leeuwen
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Vincent van Neerbos (PvdA)|
|• Total||85.21 km2 (32.90 sq mi)|
|• Land||77.40 km2 (29.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||7.81 km2 (3.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||244/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
6620–6621, 6626–6629, 6657–6659
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of West Maas en Waal, 2013.
- Samuel Story (1752–1811) vice admiral of the Batavian Republic Navy
- Jan van Deinsen (born 1953) a retired football midfielder, 276 caps
- Jona Lendering (born 1964) historian and the author of books on antiquity, Dutch history and modern management
- Marco Pastors (born 1965) civil servant and former politician
- Ivo den Bieman (born 1967) retired footballer, played mainly in Scotland (almost 300 caps)
- Arno van Zwam (born 1969) former football goalkeeper, over 300 caps
- Iris van Herpen (born 1984) fashion designer, known for fusing technology with traditional Couture craftsmanship
- "College van burgemeester en wethouders" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente West Maas en Waal. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6658AG". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|