West Midlands bus route 42 (Coventry)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2009)|
|Operator||National Express Coventry|
|Start||Coventry City Centre|
|Via||Alvis Retail Park
Since 26 February 2012 the entire service is operated under tender to Centro.
- Prior to 4 April 2004 - Route 42 (which came into existence c.1992) operated between City Centre and Cannon Park only. Another route numbered 49 which came into existence c.1989 and was subsidised by Centro operated between Coundon and Coventry Rail Station via Coventry City Centre.
- From 4 April 2004 - Routes 42 and 49 were merged into one route numbered 42, this alleviated the duplication where both routes overlapped between Coventry City Centre and Coventry Rail Station. The time saved here was used to give time and reliability for the route between City Centre and Cannon Park which was adjusted to additionally serve Sir Henry Parkes Road which lost a commercial bus service when the level crossing at Canley railway station was permanently closed.
- September 2009 - Twenty-nine new bus stops were erected along the route to phase out the hail and ride sections.
- 26 February 2012 - Owing to a bus network review the section of route between City Centre and Cannon Park was withdrawn and replaced in segments by new bus services 9A, 18A, 47 and 87.
- Coventry City Centre, Pool Meadow
- Coundon, Holyhead Road (Alvis Retail Park)
- Coundon, Moseley Avenue
- Coundon, Poole Road
- Coundon, Scots Lane
- Coundon, Holloway Field
- Coundon, Overslade Crescent