West One Music Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||2003 (in Soho, London)|
|Founder||Richard Harvey, Tony Prior, Edwin Cox|
|Divisions||Electronic Dance Series, Fired Earth Music, Noise Refinery, Refuel Music, The Scoring House, Somos, West One Music|
West One Music Group is a British global production music company that delivers music to clients worldwide. Founded in Soho, London in 2003 the group consists of eight labels including West One Music, The Scoring House, Fired Earth Music, Electronic Dance Series, Noise Refinery. Recording live music in locations around the world, such as Abbey Road Studios, West One Music Group focus on creating quality music, written and produced for use in media.
With offices and in-house recording facilities in London, Munich, Paris, Hong-Kong and Bangkok, the company expanded in January 2016 into the United States, opening offices in both Los Angeles and New York, delivering music directly to US clients for the first time. One of the latest editions to the catalogue launched in January 2016. Somos, aims to bring Latin American music to the world. West One Music Group is deeply ingrained in the history of the British music scene and boast connections through its co-founder, Richard Harvey, with Hans Zimmer, John Williams, The Who and many other legendary musicians.
West One Music
West One Music is the signature label within West One Music Group and releases music across a wide range of genres. West One Music has seen its music placed in programmes aired on Sky Living, Showtime, ABC.
The West One Music label also releases 'Artist Focus' albums that are intended to deliver more commercial music for media use. Previous albums have featured artists such as George Timothy, London rock band Gem & The Deadheads  as well as Perfect Shadow, the latest release from LA-based, Greek-born singer-songwriter Kid Moxie.
The Scoring House
The Scoring House is a label designed to deliver music perfectly composed and produced for corporate films and documentaries. The Scoring House is produced by library music legend Peter Cox. Peter Cox was the longtime Managing Director of EMI's label, KPM.
Fired Earth Music
Fired Earth Music is an LA-based label that focusses on delivering high-impact music for blockbuster trailers and TV promos. Most recently, ABC promoted Grey's Anatomy using 'Shattered' a track from the album Unbreakable. Recently, BAFTA award-winning film Ex Machina was promoted using 'Siren of the Damned' and 'Submerged' from the album SoundDesign Vol.2. 'Infinite, Immortal' was used by British dance troupe UDI for their performances on Britain's Got Talent.
Noise Refinery launched in 2014 and was brought to life under the creative direction of LA-based composers Robert Anthony Navarro and Takeshi Furukawa. Primarily positioned towards advertising, the label covers many genres, including pop, electronica, indie rock and orchestral trailer music. Furukawa recently received acclaim for his composition of the score for The Last Guardian.
Somos launched in January 2016 as part of West One Music Group's collection of independent labels and was created in partnership with Colombian-born producer Felipe Arévalo. The music released on the Somos label was recorded in and around Latin America as well as being composed and produced entirely by Latin American musicians. The first release on the label, Os Jogos, was created with the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in mind and was created in partnerships with Brazilian producers Comando S. The resulting album was described as "inspirational, vibrant and emotive Brazilian music for sports, action and leisure." by Brazil Music Exchange.
Little Assembly is the latest stage of West One Music Group's expansion and broadening of their music offering. Edwin Cox of West One Music Group is the Creative Director and Adam Le Blanc is Head of A&R. An independent commercial label, Little Assembly was created to imagine the future of the music industry for today's artists and focusses on experimental, often left-field pop music. Little Assembly launched in July 2017 with its first artist, Anna Lann. Anna Lann's single, Moist the first release from the label, was premiered by Bob Boilen of NPR Music. Anna Lann's previous releases had premiered with the likes of Wonderland.
- Leila Cobo (2016-02-09). "West One Music Expands to the U.S., Launches Latin American Label". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "West One Music - Music for Media". Westonemusic.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "West One Music". Discogs. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "The Abbey Road Sessions - West One Music Group | Facebook". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "West One Music : Contact Us". Westonemusic.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "West One Music Group Expands to the U.S., Launches Latin American Label". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- West One Music Group (2014-10-27), "Hans Zimmer New Behind The Scenes Footage London Concert 2014", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- "Sky Living select Black Dawn to score The Enfield Haunting promo". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- West One Music Group (2015-05-02), "Showtime uses Trap And Beats to promote Mayweather v Pacquiao fight", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- West One Music Group (2015-04-01). "Quirky Vintage II - Making An Album of Authentic 20's & 30's Jazz Standards - Used in Mad Men". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- West One Music Group (2014-08-22), "George Timothy: Songs For The Soul - Artist Focus", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- "Gem & The Deadheads release REBELLION on West One Music| Nerdy Frames". Nerdyframes.org. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "Stream Kid Moxie's Entire New Album 'perfect Shadow' Right Here". 12 August 2016.
- West One Music Group (2015-04-22), "Amber Carrington of The Voice USA Features on Country Pop", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- "Interview with Edwin Cox « Trailer Music News". trailermusicnews.com. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Library Music Film (6 May 2017). "The Library Music Film - Peter Cox (KPM) Teaser" – via YouTube.
- Inc, Nielsen Business Media (8 July 1995). "Billboard". Nielsen Business Media, Inc. – via Google Books.
- "ABC select Fired Earth Music to promote Grey's Anatomy | Facebook". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- West One Music Group (2015-05-01), "Ex Machina official trailer meets Ecliptium", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- "Noise Refinery: Beyond Imagination and Forgotten Dreams « Trailer Music News". trailermusicnews.com. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Noise Refinery". www.facebook.com.
- Barder, Ollie. "Takeshi Furukawa On How He Composed The Beautiful Score For 'The Last Guardian'".
- West One Music Group (2016-02-08), "Introducing SOMOS: Latin America For The World", Youtube.com, retrieved 2016-04-08
- Design, Flex Comunicação e. "COMANDO S AUDIO PRODUCES TRACK FOR THE OLYMPICS | Brazil Music Exchange". bma.org.br. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "BBC Two - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation, 1 Hour Versions, France - Music used in the programme". Bbc.co.uk. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Leila Cobo (2016-02-09). "West One Music Expands to the U.S., Launches Latin American Label". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Noise Refinery: Beyond Imagination and Forgotten Dreams". Trailer Music News. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "West One Music / APM Music. Информация о компании". Game-ost.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Fired Earth Music : Homepage". Trailermusicnews.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Listen to Assassin's Creed Composer Jesper Kyd's New Album, Ultimatum". Nerd Reactor. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "West One launches Little Assembly label".
- "West One Music Group launches new record label, Little Assembly - Music Business Worldwide". 6 October 2017.
- "First Watch: Anna Lann, 'Moist'".
- "Video Premiere: Anna Lann - "Forming A Moon" - Wonderland Magazine". 14 July 2016.