West Oso Independent School District
|West Oso Independent School District|
|Corpus Christi, TX
ESC Region 2
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Michael J. Sandroussi|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class AAAA|
|Colors||black and red|
- West Oso High School (Grades 9-14)
- West Oso Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- West Oso Elementary School (Grades 3-5)
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School (Grades PK-2)
The West Oso School District has its origins in the original Oso School, founded in the 1890s in Oso Community (near Oso Creek, between state highway 44 and Old Brownsville Road). The first schoolhouse was a one-room sheepherder's shack on land owned by Henry Davis Allen, Jr. (brother of Calvin Joseph [Cal] Allen, for whom the nearby Calallen Independent School District is named). In 1967 the Oso School District merged with the West Point School District to create the West Oso Independent School District.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.