West Paducah, Kentucky
|Elevation||361 ft (110 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||270 & 364|
|GNIS feature ID||506464|
The Heath High School shooting occurred at Heath High School in West Paducah on Monday, December 1, 1997. Fourteen-year-old Michael Carneal opened fire on a group of praying students, killing three and injuring five more.
Government and infrastructure
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, West Paducah has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "West Paducah, Kentucky". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "When Grief Wanted a Hero, Truth Didn't Get in the Way", New York Times, 25 July 2000
- "Post Office Location - WEST PADUCAH." United States Postal Service. Retrieved on October 17, 2010.
- "National Weather Service Paducah, KY"
- "Welcome." Heath Middle School. Retrieved on October 17, 2010. "4336 Metropolis Lake Road West Paducah KY, 42086"
- "HSS Home." (Direct image link) Heath High School. Retrieved on October 17, 2010. "4330 Metropolis Lake Road West Paducah, KY 42086"
- Climate Summary for West Paducah, Kentucky