West Portal station
Muni Metro trains at West Portal station in 2017
West Portal Avenue at Ulloa Street|
San Francisco, California
|Line(s)||Twin Peaks Tunnel|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Muni: 48, 57, 91, L Owl|
|Opened||February 3, 1918|
|Closed||June 25-August 24, 2018 (temporary)|
West Portal station is a Muni Metro station in the West Portal neighborhood in San Francisco, California. It is built around the western entrance to the Twin Peaks Tunnel. The station consists of two side platforms, with the entrance at the western end. A non-accessible footbridge connects the platforms inside fare control.
Opening in 1918, the station originally was similar to a regular curbside stop at the entrance to the tunnel. But when streetcar system was partially converted to light rail in the late 1970s, the existing underground metro station was built in its place.
- "Twin Peaks Tunnel Improvements". San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. June 25, 2018. Archived from the original on June 26, 2018.
- Perles, Anthony (1981). The People's Railway: The History of the Municipal Railway of San Francisco. Interurban Press. p. 70. ISBN 0916374424.
- "44 hurt after rail cars collide in San Francisco". CNN.com. 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
Media related to West Portal station at Wikimedia Commons
- SFMTA - West Portal Station inbound and outbound
- SFBay Transit (unofficial) - Metro West Portal Station
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in San Francisco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Francisco train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|