West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum
- 1818 Stanley Royd Hospital, Stanley, Wakefield
- 1872 South Yorkshire Asylum, Middlewood, Sheffield
- 1888 High Royds Hospital, Menston
- 1904 Storthes Hall, Kirkburton
Mental Health Museum
The Mental Health Museum (previously known as the Stephen Beaumont Museum of Mental Health), located at Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield, contains artefacts from and exhibits on the history of the Asylum. Artefacts include restraining equipment, a padded cell, photographs, medical and surgical equipment, and documents. There is also a scale model of the original 1818 Stanley Royd Hospital, which was the museum's original location until the hospital closed in 1995.
- Yorkshire's Women's Lives Online – West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum
- "Images in Psychiatry: The West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum". American Journal of Psychiatry. 155 (4): 456. 1 April 1998.
- Portraits from a lunatic asylum
- Official website for the Mental Health Museum
- Stanley Royd Hospital Digital Archive