West Ryde railway station
Southbound view from Platform 3 in January 2006
|Location||West Parade, West Ryde|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||19.20 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||17 September 1886|
|Passengers (2013)||4,190 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
West Ryde station opened on 17 September 1886 as Ryde, being renamed West Ryde on 8 October 1945. Immediately north of the station, a loop that runs to Epping commences. This opened on 24 October 1978. On 27 November 1989, a southbound loop from Eastwood opened, this resulted in the existing southbound platform being converted to an island platform.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hornsby via Strathfield, North Sydney & Gordon|||
|2||services to Hornsby via Strathfield, North Sydney & Gordon|||
|3||services to Epping|||
West Ryde Signal Box was a timber structure situated on the city end of Platform 3. Until 1937 it controlled a level crossing on Victoria Road. Also situated at West Ryde was a Water Board siding and a connection to the former tram network, which provided for transfer of vehicles between light and heavy rail systems. It was closed in 1982, when control was transferred to Epping signal box.
West Ryde has a bus interchange on the western side of the station, rebuilt in the early 2000s. It is served by the following State Transit routes:
- Stand A
- 513: to Carlingford
- 520: to Parramatta station
- 523: to Parramatta station
- 524: to Parramatta station
- Stand B
- Stand C
- Stand F
West Ryde station is served by one NightRide route:
Lachlan Valley Railway
During the 1980s West Ryde was the site of the Sydney Depot for the Lachlan Valley Railway. The station used to have a small goods yard servicing a freight shed and a siding running up to the West Ryde Pumping station. The Lachlan Valley Railway vacated the site in August 1987.
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- West Ryde Station NSWrail.net
- Denistone Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Northern Line Quadruplication" Railway Digest December 1987 page 389
- "Eastwood - West Ryde Up Surburban line opens" Railway Digest January 1990 page 9
- West Ryde - Epping SA Track & Signal
- "T1: Northern line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 513". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 520". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 523". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 524". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 501". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 534". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 543". Transport for NSW.
- "N80 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "And LVR Moves West" Railway Digest September 1987 page 291