West Traverse Township, Michigan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|West Traverse Township, Michigan|
|• Total||13.4 sq mi (34.6 km2)|
|• Land||13.3 sq mi (34.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||945 ft (288 m)|
|• Density||108.6/sq mi (41.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1627252|
- Harbor Point is an unincorporated community in a noncontiguous part of the township on a peninsula south of Harbor Springs at . The historic Little Traverse Lighthouse is located at the tip of the Harbor Point peninsula. It was began as a resort originally called Lansing Resort in 1878.
- The city of Harbor Springs is located at the south of the township, but is administratively autonomous.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 13.4 square miles (35 km2), of which 13.3 square miles (34 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.22%) is water.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: West Traverse Township, Michigan
- Walter Romig, Michigan Place Names, p. 251