West Wing Aviation
|Commenced operations||2 May 2000|
|Headquarters||Townsville, Queensland, Australia|
|Key people||Peter Collings, Founder and CEO|
The founder and CEO of the company, Peter Collings, owned airline operations running in Queensland dating back to 1992. After the company grew, Peter decided to split away from the company to start West Wing Aviations in 2000, which would provide small commute flights from the Queensland area.
During the 2015 season, another Queensland based airline, Skytrans Airlines shut down on 2 January 2015. A few days later, West Wing Aviation was requested to temporarily continue the Cape York flights in Queensland in order to prevent the isolation of remote towns. Later on 23 March 2015, a deal was made that Skytrans would be purchased under the West Wing Aviation brand and would be resurrected. It was announced that flights for Skytrans would resume on 1 April 2015 under a new brand, recovering some of its previous staff and leasing two Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft.
- Torres Strait (Queensland)[note 1]
- Badu Island – Badu Island Airport
- Boigu Island – Boigu Island Airport
- Coconut Island – Coconut Island Airport
- Darnley Island – Darnley Island Airport
- Horn Island – Horn Island Airport
- Kubin Village – Kubin Airport
- Mabuiag Island – Mabuiag Island Airport
- Murray Island – Murray Island Airport
- Saibai Island – Saibai Island Airport
- Warraber Island – Warraber Island Airport
- Yam Island – Yam Island Airport
- Yorke Island – Yorke Island Airport
The West Wing Aviation current fleet consists of:
|Aero Commander 500||–||6|
|Beechcraft Super King Air B200||–||10|
|Cessna 182 RG||–||4|
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan||6||11|||
|Cessna 404 Titan||–||10|
- Flights from the Torres Strait are operated by West Wing Aviation's sister company Skytrans Airlines, however operated under West Wing Aviation.
- "West Wing Aviation Pty Ltd". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "West Wings Aviation History". www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Queensland airline Skytrans shuts down". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Cape York air services to continue despite SkyTrans closure". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Skytrans banner to fly again across far north Queensland". ABC News. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "West Wing to fly to Cape York under the banner of Skytrans". CairnsPost. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "West Wing to bring Skytrans back with flights to start on April 1 | Australian Aviation". australianaviation.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Australia's Skytrans to resume flights on April 1". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "West Wing Aviation". www.centreforaviation.com. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "RAAA| West Wing Aviation Destinations". www.raaa.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Cape York Flights". www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Palm Island Flights". www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Torres Strait Flights". www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Route Map - Skytrans". Skytrans. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Aircraft West Wing Aviation". www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "West Wing Aviation launches $9M Beechcraft 1900D" (PDF). www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- "West Wing Aviation expands aircraft fleet" (PDF). www.westwing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-14.