SJFA West Region Premiership
|Number of teams||16|
|Promotion to||no promotion|
|Relegation to||West Region Championship|
|Domestic cup(s)||Scottish Junior Cup|
|Current champions||Beith Juniors |
The SJFA West Region Premiership (also known as the McBookie.com West of Scotland League Premiership) is a semi-professional football league run by the West Region of the Scottish Junior Football Association and is the highest tier of league competition for its member clubs.
From the 2007–08 season onwards the champions of the league have been eligible to enter the Scottish Cup at its earliest stage, the first being Pollok, along with the champions of the East Superleague, the North Superleague, and the Junior Cup winners.
Since 2002, two clubs have been automatically relegated to the Super League First Division, and are replaced by the clubs placed first and second in that division. A relegation play-off was added in 2006–07 where the club which finishes third bottom contests a two-legged play-off against the team which finishes third in the Super League First Division. West Region clubs voted in 2017 to organise all leagues on a regionwide basis and as a result, the Super League Premier Division was rebranded as the West Region Premiership from 2018 onwards and will consist of sixteen clubs. Clubs will be relegated to a rebranded Championship also consisting of sixteen teams.
Member clubs for the 2018–19 season
|Club||Location||Home Ground||Finishing position 2017–18|
|Auchinleck Talbot||Auchinleck||Beechwood Park||2nd|
|Beith Juniors||Beith||Bellsdale Park||1st|
|Cambuslang Rangers||Cambuslang||Somervell Park||2nd in Super League First Division|
|Cumnock Juniors||Cumnock||Townhead Park||9th|
|Glenafton Athletic||New Cumnock||Loch Park||7th|
|Hurlford United||Hurlford||Blair Park||8th|
|Irvine Meadow||Irvine||Meadow Park||5th in Super League First Division|
|Kilbirnie Ladeside||Kilbirnie||Valefield Park||5th|
|Kilwinning Rangers||Kilwinning||Abbey Park||4th|
|Kirkintilloch Rob Roy||Cumbernauld||Guy's Meadow 2||6th|
|Largs Thistle||Largs||Barrfields Stadium||3rd in Super League First Division|
|Petershill||Springburn, Glasgow||Petershill Park||1st in Super League First Division|
|Pollok||Newlands, Glasgow||Newlandsfield Park||3rd|
|Renfrew||Renfrew||New Western Park||4th in Super League First Division|
|Troon||Troon||Portland Park||6th in Super League First Division|
Champions and season summaries
Note: Champions in bold completed the 'Double' by also winning the Junior Cup.
All-time Super League Premier Division table
This table is a cumulative record of matches played in the Super League Premier Division since its inception in 2002. The table is accurate from the 2002–03 season to the end of the 2017–18 season, inclusive. Teams highlighted in bold are members of the 2018–19 West Region Premiership.
|9||Kirkintilloch Rob Roy||9||198||78||35||85||330||371||−41||267||1.36||1||1|
|18||Shotts Bon Accord||5||110||36||20||54||153||210||−57||128||1.16||2|
|26||Vale of Clyde||2||44||8||9||27||54||107||−53||33||0.75||1|
P = Position; Ssn = Number of seasons; Pld = Matches played; W = Matches won; D = Matches drawn; L = Matches lost; GF = Goals for; GA = Goals against; GD = Goal difference; Pts = Points; PPG = Points per game; Rel = Relegated
1 Arthurlie deducted 15 points in 2005–06 season.
2 Troon deducted 3 points in 2003–04 season.
- Murray, Keir (4 June 2017). "Scottish Junior Cup final: Glenafton seal double with win over Auchinleck". BBC Sport. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Pollok 0-1 Montrose". BBC Sport. 3 November 2007. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Goldthorp, Craig (13 July 2017). "Junior football overhaul sees merger of Scotland's West and Ayrshire clubs". www.carlukegazette.co.uk. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Full time whistle for historic Adamslie Park". www.kirkintilloch-herald.co.uk. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Spartans leave it late in City Park's last Scottish Cup tie". The Scotsman. 4 October 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Hibernian 3 - 0 Irvine Meadow". BBC Sport. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Beith 3-4 Airdrie United". BBC Sport. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Robertson, Alan (20 November 2011). "Irvine Meadow 0 Livingston 6". Daily Record. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Third Division Montrose and Peterhead exit Scottish Cup". BBC Sport. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Shoot-out drama as Largs win". Evening Times. 6 June 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Auchinleck Talbot 2 – 3 Stranraer". BBC Sport. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Thomson, Nick (11 June 2014). "Things are looking up". Daily Record. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Edinburgh City 2-1 Auchinleck Talbot". BBC Sport. 5 October 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Hepburn, David (5 June 2015). "Promotion joy for Kirkintilloch Rob Roy". www.kirkintilloch-herald.co.uk. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Scottish Cup: East Stirlingshire and Clyde eliminated". BBC Sport. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- McGowan, Eric (11 June 2016). "Buffs shoot down Shettleston to win promotion back to the top flight". Daily Record. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- O'Donnell, Jim (13 September 2016). "Don't write off Auchinleck Talbot after William Hill Scottish Cup defeat, says victorious Beith skipper John Sheridan". Evening Times. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- McGowan, Eric (3 June 2017). "Kilwinning Rangers retain top flight status after play-off drama at Abbey Park". Daily Record. Retrieved 6 June 2017.