Westborough and Dry Doddington
|Westborough and Dry Doddington|
Road between Westborough and Dry Doddington, with Dry Doddington church in the distance
|Westborough and Dry Doddington shown within Lincolnshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Westborough and Dry Doddington is a civil parish in the north-west of South Kesteven in the county of Lincolnshire. The population of the civil parish was 335 at the 2001 census increasing to 365 at the 2011 census.
To the west, the parish follows the River Witham next to Long Bennington parish then follows the east side of the A1, crossing Doddington Lane. Passing through Holmes Farm it reaches the Nottinghamshire boundary a few hundred metres east of Shire Bridge on the A1. The parish boundary, with Balderton, becomes the county and South Kesteven boundary for around three hundred metres, then follows a hedge south-east to the south of Claypole Mill Farm, where it crosses the River Witham. It crosses the road to Claypole and at Long Plantation near a mobile phone mast it crosses the East Coast Main Line. To the north-east of Littlegates Farm it follows a drain southwards to north of where it crosses the ECML. It follows a drain to the south-west on the eastern edge of the NG23 postcode. It follows the drain southwards from here for two hundred metres to the River Witham which it follows to Long Bennington, being crossed twice by the Viking Way at Westborough and Long Bennington.
The parish began as the religious parish of All Saints at Westborough, with a chapel at Dry Doddington. The division between the two religious parishes follows Doddington Lane to the A1.
- 2001 Census
- "Parish council". Parishes in Lincolnshire. Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Newark-on-Trent:Retford, Southwell & Saxilby (Map) (A1 ed.). 1:25 000. OS Explorer. Ordnance survey of Great Britain. 7 April 2006. § 271. ISBN 9780319238196.
- Google (13 August 2013). "Parish Outline" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westborough and Dry Doddington.|
- "History of Westborough, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire". A Vision of Britain through Time. GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "History of Dry Doddington, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire". A Vision of Britain through Time. GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "all 52 records for the parish". PastScape. English Heritage. Retrieved 13 August 2013.