Westcliff railway station
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||London, Tilbury and Southend Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|1 July 1895||Opened as Westcliff-on-Sea|
|20 February 1969||Renamed Westcliff|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Westcliff from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Westcliff railway station is on the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway line, serving the locality of Westcliff-on-Sea in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. It is 34 miles 66 chains (56.0 km) down the main line from London Fenchurch Street via Basildon and it is situated between Chalkwell to the west and Southend Central to the east. Its three-letter station code is WCF.
Westcliff station is open Monday to Friday only. The main ticket office is located on the London-bound side of the station, leading to platform 1. It has two serving positions and uses the Tribute ticket issuing system. Outside the main ticket office is a self-service ticket machine. A second, smaller ticket office is on the country-bound platform 2, but is not currently in use.
Facilities at the station include a bicycle rack, a taxicab stand, and a car park with 50 spaces and three disabled spaces. It was extensively improved between 2004 and 2006 in a £500,000 refurbishment project by a partnership between c2c and Southend Borough Council in order to attract more people to travel by rail.
The typical off-peak service frequency is:
- 6 tph (trains per hour) westbound towards London Fenchurch Street, of which:
- 6 tph eastbound towards Shoeburyness, of which:
- 2 tph terminate at Southend Central
- 4 tph continue to Shoeburyness
- James Bettley and Nikolaus Pevsner (2007). Essex. The Buildings of England. Yale University Press. p. 712.
- c2c. "c2c Online - Westcliff station". Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- c2c (24 May 2006). "c2c Online - Environmental work complete at Westcliff station". Archived from the original on 17 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westcliff railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London, Tilbury and Southend Railway