Western station (CTA Blue Line Congress branch)
|Location||430 South Western Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60612
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||Surface Level|
|Opened||June 22, 1958|
|Passengers (2015)||555,745 0.2% (CTA)|
|Rank||104 out of 143[a]|
Western is a station on the 'L' system, serving the Blue Line's Forest Park branch. It serves the Near West Side neighborhood and Crane Tech High School. The station is also located about 1 mile north of the Western Avenue (Metra BNSF Railway Line) commuter railroad station.
- 7 Harrison
- 49 Western (Owl Service)
- X49 Western Express (weekday rush hours only)
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2015 tally of stations was 146, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2015" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 11, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Western (CTA Blue Line Congress branch).|
- Western (Congress Line) Station Page Chicago-L.Org
- Western Avenue (Congress Branch) Station in 1958 @ America on the Move (Smithsonian Institution)
- Western Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|