Western station (CTA Orange Line)
|Location||4901 South Western Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60632
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||October 31, 1993|
|Passengers (2015)||1,334,995 3.2%|
|Rank||54 out of 143[a]|
Western is a station on the Chicago Transit Authority's 'L' system, serving the Orange Line. It is located between the neighborhoods of Brighton Park and Gage Park. The Orange Line crosses Western Avenue three times, however the station is located at its southernmost crossing at 49th Street.
- 48 South Damen (weekday rush hours only)
- 49 Western (Owl Service)
- X49 Western Express (weekday rush hours only)
- 94 South California
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2015 tally of stations was 146, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2015" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 11, 2016. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Western (CTA Orange Line).|
- Western Station Page CTA official site
- Chicago "L".org Stations - Western/49th
- Western Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|