This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)
|Headquarters||Winnipeg, Manitoba, |
|Products||Lotteries and Gaming-related activities|
The Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a Canadian non-profit organization founded in 1974 that operates lottery and gaming-related activities for its members, the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC works in conjunction with the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC), Saskatchewan Lotteries (which is operated by Sask Sport under purview of the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority), Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Corporation, Lotteries Yukon and Sport North Lottery Authority. In conjunction with the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation, WCLC offers Canada's highest payout lotteries, Lotto 6/49, Lotto Max (which replaced Lotto Super 7 in September 2009), and Daily Grand.
In the late 1970s through the mid-1980s, WCLC produced a weekly televised drawing for the Western Express lottery, Winsday, which aired regionally on CTV via its western Canadian affiliates. Hosted by sportscaster Don Wittman, Winsday alternated between showing the draws (several were held each week) and featuring interviews and regional profiles.
- Lotto 6/49
- Western 6/49
- Lotto Max
- Western Max
- Daily Grand
- Pick 2
- Pick 3
- Pick 4
- Sport Select (Proline, Over Under, Point Spread, Props, Pools)
- Poker Lotto
Note: The above list shows only draw-based games. WCLC also administers numerous scratch card-based lottery games.
- Lotto Super 7
- The Provincial
- Western Express (now the scratch card-based The Western)
- "Government Announces New Crown Corporation Changes To The Structure Of Lotteries And Gaming". Government of Saskatchewan. Retrieved 2022-10-28.
- "New Crown corporation to oversee lotteries, gaming in Sask". 650 CKOM. Retrieved 2022-10-28.
- "Super 7 lottery being replaced". September 18, 2009. Archived from the original on September 22, 2009.
- "Lotto Max Press Release" (PDF). Interprovincial Lottery Corporation. July 15, 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2009. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- Winsday Lotto Draw with Don Wittman (1985) at YouTube