Western Daly languages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Daly River region, northern Australia|
|Linguistic classification||One of the world's primary language families|
The Daly languages (color), among the other non-Pama-Nyungan languages (grey)
The Western Daly languages are a small family of Australian aboriginal languages that share common grammatical forms. They are:
- Maranunggu (Emmi; Menhthe dialect)
- Marrithiyel (Bringen: Marri Ammu, Marritjevin, Marridan, Marramanindjdji dialects)
- Marri Ngarr (Magati-ge dialect)
- Tryon, D. T. (1968). "The Daly River languages: a survey". Papers in Australian Linguistics. 3: 21–36.
- Tryon, D. T. (1974). Daly family languages, Australia. Canberra: Pacific Linguistics.