Western High School (Davie, Florida)
|Western High School|
1200 S.W. 136 Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Broward County Public Schools|
|Color(s)|| Black |
As of 2018–2019, the total student enrollment was 3120. The ethnic makeup of the school was 43% White, 3.6% Black, 40.9% Hispanic, 3.8% Asian or Pacific Islander, 6.6% Multiracial, and 2.1% Native American or Native Alaskan.
The school offers athletic programs in football, cheerleading, basketball, tennis, soccer, color guard, swimming, water polo, golf, wrestling, baseball, softball, track & field, cross country, marching band, and volleyball. In the Fall of 2002, the school's first state championship title was earned by the women's golf team. The Lady Wildcats were undefeated that year as well.
The Western High School band program includes concert band, the Pride of the Wildcats marching band (formerly the Western Star Regiment), color guard, winter guard, and an indoor percussion program.
The chorus program offers three levels of vocal ensembles: Beginner's Chorus, Women's Choir, and Western Singers, the elite course offered to veterans of the program.
- Leslie Grace, recording artist
- Jacob Jeffries (Groten), recording artist
- Ryan Sadowski, professional baseball player (San Francisco Giants)
- Jon Feliciano, professional football player (Oakland Raiders)
- Fabian Moreau, professional football player (Washington Redskins)
- "WESTERN HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- "SchoolGrades19" (xls). Florida Department of Education. 2019. p. 13.
- Enrollment Counts
- "FHSAA Championship Record Books". FHSAA. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Message from the Band Director". Pride of the Wildcats Band. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Western High Chorus". westernchorus.com. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "A Grammy for Leslie Grace?". "Sun-Sentinel". Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "Plantation man's band performs at Texas music festival". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved June 17, 2015.