Western High School (Davie, Florida)
|Western High School|
|1200 S.W. 136 Avenue
Davie, Florida 33325
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Broward County Public Schools|
|Rivals||Cypress Bay High School|
The principal is Jimmy Arrojo. The school's mascot is the Wildcat and the official colors are Black and Vegas Gold. Western High has an FCAT school grade of "A" for the 2009–2010 academic year, the 2010–2011 school year, 2011–2012 school year, and the 2012–2013 school year.
As of 2013–2014, the total student enrollment was 3120. The ethnic makeup of the school was 52.0% White, 6.6% Black, 33.9% Hispanic, 3.8% Asian or Pacific Islander, 2.1% Multiracial, and 1.6% Native American or Native Alaskan.
The school offers athletics in Football, Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, Colorguard, Swimming, Water Polo, Ice Hockey, Golf, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Cross Country, Marching Band, and Volleyball. In the Fall of 2002 the school's first State Championship title was earned by the Women's Golf Team. The Lady Wildcats were undefeated that year as well.
The Western High School band program includes concert band, the Pride of the Wildcats marching band (formerly the Western Star Regiment), color guard, winter guard, and an indoor percussion program.
The chorus program offers three levels of vocal ensembles: Beginner's Chorus, Women's Choir, and Western Singers, the elite course offered to veterans of the program.
The drama program participates in the International Thespian Society as Thespian Troupe 4259.
The Wildcat Battalion was founded at Western High School in 1993.
- Leslie Grace, recording artist
- Jacob Jeffries (Groten), recording artist
- Ryan Sadowski, professional baseball player (San Francisco Giants)
- Jon Feliciano, professional football player (Oakland Raiders)
- FCAT School Grades – High
- Enrollment Counts
- "FHSAA Championship Record Books". FHSAA. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Western High Chorus". westernchorus.com. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "A Grammy for Leslie Grace?". "Sun-Sentinel". Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "Plantation man's band performs at Texas music festival". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved June 17, 2015.