Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki
|Motto||Te Kura Matatini O Taranaki|
|Address||20 Bell Street, New Plymouth, New Zealand, New Plymouth, New Zealand|
|Affiliations||Public NZ TEI|
The institute has two campuses around Taranaki; the main campus is situated in New Plymouth, and the other is located in Hawera. It is famed for its Zero Fee Scheme whereby NZ students are only required to pay material costs and not tuition fees. WITT is accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
Since 2009, WITT has welcomed their highest number of students in more than a decade.
WITT's school of Journalism has built a partnership with Taranaki Daily News so students can really experience what happens in the journalist industry.
WITT annually hosts an open day where students can look at the courses and ask the educators questions. They are also treated with free lunch. In 2011 they expected 100 people to attend but 400 did.
- "Student numbers rising at Witt". Taranaki Daily News. Fairfax New Zealand. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "WITT keen to take Budget's extra full-time students". Taranaki Daily News. Fairfax New Zealand. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Palmer, Harriet (20 February 2009). "Witt leads national surge in enrolment". Taranaki Daily News. Fairfax New Zealand. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Boreham, Jared (30 December 2010). "Newspaper partners up". Taranaki Daily News. Fairfax New Zealand. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Fenton, Jamie (7 June 2011). "A rip-roaring time at Witt open day". Taranaki Daily News. Fairfax New Zealand. Retrieved 7 June 2011.