Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Type of trust||NHS Foundation trust|
|Last annual budget||£480 million (2018)|
|Employees||10,000 staff and volunteers|
|Chief executive||Dame Marianne Griffiths|
|Website||[Western Sussex Hospitals http://www.westernsussexhospitals.nhs.uk/]|
Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust runs Worthing Hospital, Southlands Hospital in Shoreham-by-Sea and St Richard's Hospital in Chichester, West Sussex, England and serves a population of around 450,000 people across a catchment area covering most of West Sussex. It was formed through a merger in 2009 and started with a substantial inherited deficit, mortality issues and poor performance.
In April 2014 the maternity unit at Worthing and St Richard's was awarded the "level three" award by the Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts (CNST).
In 2016 Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (WSHFT) was rated as 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). At the time it was one of only three acute trusts in the country to receive the health watchdog’s highest rating by the Care Quality Commission.
In 2019 Marianne Griffiths was made Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire 
In 2019 Western Sussex Hospitals was the first non-specialist acute trust in the country to be rated ‘Outstanding’ in all the six key inspection areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- "MP praises safe maternity care - Western Sussex Hospitals". Western Sussex Hospitals. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Regulators tell county to look again at centralising stroke services". Health Service Journal. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust". www.cqc.org.uk. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "'Outstanding' trust's chief reveals turning point". Health Service Journal. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "'Selfless and devoted' leader named chief executive of the year". Chichester Observer. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Top chief executives 2018". Health Service Journal. 12 March 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- Mclellan2019-03-25T04:32:00+00:00, Alastair. "Griffiths heads Top 50 chief executives ranking for second year". Health Service Journal. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "New Year Honours list 2019". GOV.UK. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "Outstanding hospitals sweep the board!". Western Sussex Hospitals. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust". www.cqc.org.uk. Retrieved 28 October 2019.