Western Technical College
|Type||State Technical College|
|Students||8,000 program students and 16,600 continuing ed|
|Location||La Crosse, WI, USA|
|Colors||Black & Red|
|Affiliations||National Junior College Athletic Association|
Western Technical College (or Western Tech, WTC) is a two-year vocational-technical school based in La Crosse, Wisconsin. A member of the Wisconsin Technical College System, the Western Technical College District serves eight regional counties and enrolls over 5,000 students.
Founded in 1912, Western Technical College provides more than 65 degree programs, Lifelong Learning courses, GED/HSED classes, English Language Learners programming, and apprenticeship training throughout seven campus locations in Western Wisconsin  Today, Western Tech reaches nearly 20,000 people in its district every year. The college's main campus is located in downtown La Crosse.
The school was previously known as Western Wisconsin Technical College (WWTC), but the "Wisconsin" part of the name was officially dropped on March 29, 2006.
- 1912-17: La Crosse Continuation and Adult Schools
- 1917-63: La Crosse Vocational School
- 1936-65: Coleman Vocational and Adult Schools
- 1965-68: Coleman Technical Institute
- 1968-87: Western Wisconsin Technical Institute
- 1987-2006: Western Wisconsin Technical College
- 2006–present: Western Technical College
Other locations where classes are offered include:
Western Technical College offers 43 programs of study including Associate of Applied Science, as well as technical diplomas and certificates. Also, Western has agreements with four-year colleges that allow students to transfer in with junior standing. As of 2006, these colleges were:
- Capella University
- Franklin University
- Marian College
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- University of Minnesota Crookston
- University of Wisconsin–Stout
- Upper Iowa University
- Viterbo University
Western Technical College's sports teams are called the Cavaliers, who play in red and white colors. The school began athletics in 1975.
- Transforming tech school; La Crosse Tribune; February 11, 2007; Schott, Kate; Retrieved October 2, 2007
|This article about a university or college in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|