Western Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.46 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.46 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||86.1/sq mi (33.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61240, 61262, 61273, 61274
Western Township is one of twenty-four townships in Henry County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,053 and it contained 1,240 housing units. Western changed its name from Orion Township on April 13, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.46 square miles (91.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Colona Township (north)
- Edford Township (northeast)
- Osco Township (east)
- Andover Township (southeast)
- Lynn Township (south)
- Richland Grove Township, Mercer County (southwest)
- Rural Township, Rock Island County (west)
- Coal Valley Township, Rock Island County (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Orion Lutheran and Western Township.
Airports and landing strips
- Hughes RLA Airport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Orion Community Unit School District 223
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Western Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.