|Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions|
|Studio album by|
|Released||August 24, 1999|
|Recorded||1999, Tucson, Arizona|
|Linda Ronstadt chronology|
|Emmylou Harris chronology|
|The A.V. Club||(favorable) |
|Entertainment Weekly||A− |
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions is a 1999 duet album by American singer, songwriter, and producer Linda Ronstadt and singer, songwriter, and guitarist Emmylou Harris, who had previously collaborated on two albums with Dolly Parton.
The album was well received critically, and it made several year-end Top Ten lists. The disc was recorded at the Arizona Inn in Tucson, Arizona.
This album hit #6 on Billboard's Country albums chart and #73 on Billboard's main album chart. The two artists teamed for a concert tour in support of the disc in late 1999. It was nominated for several Grammy Awards.
|1.||"Loving the Highway Man"||Andy Prieboy||3:30|
|2.||"Raise the Dead"||Emmylou Harris||3:18|
|3.||"For a Dancer"||Jackson Browne||4:43|
|4.||"Western Wall"||Rosanne Cash||2:35|
|6.||"He Was Mine"||Paul Kennerley||3:19|
|7.||"Sweet Spot"||Emmylou Harris, Jill Cunniff||3:34|
|8.||"Sisters of Mercy"||Leonard Cohen||3:58|
|9.||"Falling Down"||Patty Griffin||3:15|
|11.||"This Is to Mother You"||Sinéad O'Connor||3:16|
|12.||"All I Left Behind"||Emmylou Harris, Kate McGarrigle, Anna McGarrigle||3:23|
|13.||"Across the Border"||Bruce Springsteen||6:20|
- Linda Ronstadt – Vocals, Background Vocals
- Emmylou Harris – Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Background Vocals
- Neil Young – Harmonica, Background Vocals
- Andy Fairweather Low – Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Background Vocals
- Ethan Johns – Dulcimer, Synthesizer, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar, Percussion, Drums, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Mandocello, Spanish guitar, Synthesizer Bass, Optigan
- Paul Wickens – Accordion
- Paul Kennerley – Electric Guitar, Background Vocals
- Bernie Leadon – Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Guitarron, Mandocello, 6-string bass, Synthesizer Bass, Guitar (12 String Electric)
- Greg Leisz – Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Background Vocals, Mandola, Mandocello, Weissenborn
- Anna McGarrigle – Background Vocals
- Helen Watson – Background Vocals
- Kate McGarrigle – Background Vocals
- Michel Pepin – Cymbals, Bass Guitar
- Samantha Rowe – Cello
- Glyn Johns – Producer, Engineer
- George Massenburg – Engineer
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||6|
|U.S. Billboard 200||73|
|North America||August 24, 1999||
- LaVeck, Theresa E.. Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions at AllMusic
- The A.V. Club review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- "Adventurous, Rewarding Ride". Los Angeles Times. 1999-08-15. Archived from the original on 2017-10-14.
- People review
- Album reviews at CD Universe
- Robert Christgau Consumer Guide
- Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide. New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 701. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
rolling stone linda ronstadt album guide.
- Harris, Emmylou; Ronstadt, Linda (August 24, 1999). "Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions (Liner Notes)". Asylum Records. 62408-2 (CD); 62408-4 (Cassette).