|Address||2002 Annapolis Mall|
|Developer||May Centers, Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||over 240|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,416,774 sq ft (131,622.6 m2).|
|No. of floors||1 with small mezzanine for Bow Tie Cinemas (Lord & Taylor, Macy*s, Nordstrom, and Forever 21 are 2 Floors) |
Westfield Annapolis is a shopping mall, owned by the Westfield Corporation, located near the junction of U.S._Route_50 and Interstate 97 in Parole, near Annapolis, Maryland. Its anchor stores are Macy’s, Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, JCPenney, and Sears, and it features an 11-screen movie theater. The mall is known informally as "Annapolis Mall".
The site was at one time the location of the Annapolis terminus of the Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis Electric Railway, and was known as the "Best Gate" station, which had three single-ended and four double-ended sidings, where rail cars could be shunted on or off of the single-track WB&A east-west railway which ran to the north-south Baltimore and Ohio Railroad and Pennsylvania Railroad lines. This "Best Gate" station gave the name to the nearby Bestgate Road, which today runs along the northern perimeter of the mall.
On Saturday, November 18, 2006, an off duty United States Secret Service agent was at the mall when he witnessed a fight in progress in the food court. During the attempt to break up the fight, one of the combatants pulled a gun and fired at the agent, wounding him. The agent returned fire, hitting the shooter twice. A third person was wounded in the altercation. A Midshipman from the U.S. Naval Academy ran toward the sound of gunshots and provided first aid for the Secret Service agent. That Midshipman later received the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal. The mall was closed shortly after the incident, with all patrons asked to leave over the public address system. The associated trial lasted until December 2007 and the shooter was sentenced to 65 years in prison.
- McCaffrey, Raymond (May 22, 2008). "Annapolis Eyes Funds for Main Street". washingtonpost.com. Washington Post. p. AA03. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "Westfield - Annapolis". westfield.com. Westfield Group. Archived from the original on 22 January 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- "Find it" (PDF). westfield.com. Westfield Group. Retrieved 9 January 2009.
- American Electric Railway Association (1906). Proceedings of the American Electric Railway Association.
- Associated Press (November 19, 2006). "Secret Service agent wounded in mall shooting". msnbc.com. Microsoft. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- WBAL-TV; Associated Press (December 21, 2007). "Teen Gets 65 Years In Annapolis Mall Shooting". wbaltv.com. Internet Broadcasting. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- Valcourt, Derek (January 18, 2007). "Midshipman Honored As Hero In Md. Mall Shooting". WJZ TV. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- Fuller, Nicole (December 22, 2007). "Teen gets 65 years for mall shooting". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved January 1, 2015.