|Location||Innaloo, Western Australia, Australia|
|No. of stores and services||171|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||47,030 m²|
|No. of floors||1|
Westfield Innaloo is a major shopping centre in the northern suburbs of Perth, located approximately 8 km north-west of the CBD at the corner of Scarborough Beach Road and Ellen Stirling Boulevard (formerly Oswald Street) in Innaloo. This location is now part of Stirling City Centre.
The centre is approximately 1 km, or 3 minutes by bus, from Stirling Train Station.
The shopping centre, originally known as Innaloo Shoppers Village, was developed in 1967 to service Innaloo and newly developed Woodlands. It was the second shopping centre built north of the Swan River and opened with about 30 stores plus a Boans (later Aherns) department store and Woolworths supermarket. A Target store, and a Coles Supermarkets (Then known as Coles New World), were added to the centre in 1980.
In 1996, Westfield Group acquired the centre and changed its name to Westfield Innaloo. In 2004-05, the centre grew in size by over 25% as more than 30 specialty stores were added and the Coles supermarket was relocated. As of July 2014, the Westfield Group became two companies Scentre Group and Westfield Corporation. The centre is now owned and managed by Scentre Group.
A new entrance was also built which compares interestingly with the previously erected signage nearby.
Westfield also acquired the adjacent Centro Innaloo and renamed it Innaloo Megacentre.
Prior to the construction of the Stirling railway station as part of the Northern Suburbs Transit System, a possible deviation of the rail alignment was considered to directly service the suburb of Innaloo and its shopping district, of which Westfield Innaloo is a part. However, this idea was rejected by both the project and the public at large due to the significant cost, lack of identifiable benefits, and environmental impact grounds.
Photographs of Westfield Innaloo
- "Westfield Group - Property Portfolio - Innaloo". Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Town Planning Scheme No. 38 - Landscape Guidelines, City of Stirling, 2002, p.3 (accessed 28 July 2006)
- Stirling Celebrates with Westfield Innaloo, Stirling Community (council publication), 23 August 2005, p1
- Strong Tenant Demand Despite Record New Supply In Perth Industrial Expected In 2005 - Australia, Williams J., Kennedy G., Randall K. (Jones Lang LaSalle), 2005 (accessed 27 July 2006)
- 'Westfield has announced it is proceeding with a $50m', The West Australian, 2004, p54
- Condon, Turi (20 June 2014). "Westfield restructure a success: Lowy". The Australian Business Review. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Lease With Us". Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- Minutes of Planning and Development Committee, City of Stirling, 11 July 2006, pp 88-91 (accessed 27 July 2006)
- Minutes of Ordinary Meeting of Council, City of Stirling, 18 July 2006, pp 94-95 (accessed 27 July 2006)
- Northern Suburbs Transit System: Transport Study Report. Perth, Western Australia: Urban Rail Electrification Steering Committee, Government of Western Australia. 1989. Pg. 4, Accessed at J S Battye Library, Perth