Westland Mall (West Burlington)
|Location||West Burlington, Iowa|
|Developer||General Growth Properties|
|Management||Spinoso Real Estate Group|
|No. of stores and services||50+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (3 open, 1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||338,000 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Westland Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in West Burlington, Iowa. Opened in 1977, it is anchored by Marshalls, and two Younkers stores - both closing in 2018. It is managed by Spinoso Real Estate Group.
General Growth Properties began building Westland Mall in 1976. Original tenants included JCPenney, Younkers, Woolworth, Kirlin's Hallmark, County Seat, Karmelkorn, Bresler's Ice Cream, and Osco Drug. The mall opened for business on March 30, 1977, comprising more than 40 stores. In 1981, Woolworth converted the store to its Woolco division, before closing it in 1983. The space was later occupied by a furniture store.
L&H Realty bought the mall in 1998, and sold it to GK Development in 2004. Marshalls opened an anchor store at the mall in October 2013. In 2015, JCPenney announced that it would close its Westland Mall store along with 38 other stores in the United States.
- "Westland Mall". GK Development. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- Bob Sogard (October 31, 1976). "Westland Mall adding tenants". The Hawk Eye. pp. 1, 3.
- Doral Chenoweth (March 9, 1977). "Westland Mall". The Hawk Eye. p. 18.
- "Woolworth closing all Woolco stores". The Hawk Eye. September 26, 1982. p. 1.
- Dale Alison (December 22, 2004). "Chicago firm buys Westland". The Hawk Eye. p. 1.
- Troute, Rex L. (October 27, 2013). "Marshalls makes a fashion splash". The Hawk Eye. pp. 1D, 4D.
- Strauss, Gary (January 8, 2015). "J.C. Penney, Macy's to shut stores, lay off scores". USA Today. Gannett. Retrieved January 9, 2015.