Westmill Woodland Burial Ground
|Westmill Woodland Burial Ground|
View of Westmill Woodland Burial Ground in the west Oxfordshire countryside
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Dialling code||01367 700615|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|Website||Westmill Woodland Burial Ground|
Westmill Woodland Burial Ground is a green burial ground in the Vale of White Horse on the border of Oxfordshire with Wiltshire in southern England. In the distance, the Uffington White Horse, an iron age horse carved into the white chalk on the Berkshire Downs, can be seen to the southeast.
The burial ground is located north of Shrivenham and west of Watchfield. Close to the site are Westmill Wind Farm and Westmill Solar Park, two renewable energy resources. The burial ground was founded and is managed by Liz Rothchild, who is also Director of Kicking the Bucket, a festival about living and dying. The community interest company Westmill Woodland Burial Ground C.I.C. runs the ground.
Memorial stone at the Westmill Woodland Burial Ground, with the Uffington White Horse in the distant background on the hillside
View from the White Horse, looking towards the burial ground by the wind turbines of Westmill Wind Farm in the distance
- "Westmill Woodland Burial Ground CIC, Watchfield, Oxfordshire". www.naturaldeath.org.uk. UK: The Natural Death Centre. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Waite, Debbie (15 October 2014). "Kicking the Bucket festival aims to banish the taboo of death with events across the county". www.witneygazette.co.uk. UK: Witney Gazette. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Hudson, Barrie (16 May 2013). "Death Cafe dinner". www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk. UK: Swindon Advertizer. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Kicking the Bucket: A Festival of Living and Dying". UK. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Westmill Woodland Burial Ground C.I.C." www.datalog.co.uk. UK: Datalog. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Westmill Woodland Burial Ground C.I.C". www.endole.co.uk. UK: Endole. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Good Funeral Awards 2015". goodfuneralawards.co.uk. UK: Good Funeral Awards. 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westmill Woodland Burial Ground.|
|This Oxfordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cemetery in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|