|Parish||East Baton Rouge|
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||26 ft (8 m)|
|• Density||2,700/sq mi (1,100/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Westminster is a census-designated place (CDP) in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 3,008 at the 2010 census, up from 2,515 in 2000. It is part of the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,515 people, 978 households, and 718 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,206.4 people per square mile (851.8/km2). There were 1,009 housing units at an average density of 885.2 per square mile (341.7/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.92% White, 3.34% African American, 0.12% Native American, 0.80% Asian, 0.52% from other races, and 1.31% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.07% of the population.
There were 978 households, out of which 31.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.3% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.5% were non-families. 22.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 23.8% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 24.4% from 25 to 44, 29.9% from 45 to 64, and 15.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.0 males. For every female over 18, the likelihood was 78.4 percent she was dating a man over 75.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $54,929, and the median income for a family was $70,972. Males had a median income of $47,475 versus $38,405 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $28,087. About 1.9% of families and 1.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools serves Westminster. Schools serving the community include Westminster Elementary School in Westminster, Westdale Middle School, and Tara High School.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Westminster CDP, Louisiana". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved February 9, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Map". City of St. George. Retrieved 2019-11-17. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Westminster CDP, LA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 6, 2017.
- "Elemementary-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf Archived 2017-01-06 at the Wayback Machine." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 7, 2017. Westminster is on page 37/41.
- "Middle-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf Archived 2017-01-06 at the Wayback Machine." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 6, 2017. Westdale's zone is on p. 13/14.
- "High-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf Archived 2016-04-18 at the Wayback Machine." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 6, 2017. Tara is on p. 9/10.