Westminster Mall (California)
Westminster Mall Entrance
|Location||Westminster, California, United States|
|Address||1025 Westminster Mall|
|Opening date||August 1974|
|Developer||Homart Development Company|
|No. of stores and services||180+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,195,000 square feet (111,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Westminster Mall is an enclosed, two-level shopping mall in Westminster, California, United States. Opened in August 1974, the mall features Macy's, J.C. Penney, Sears and Target as its anchor stores. It is managed by WP Glimcher.
Westminster Mall is situated on the corner of Goldenwest Street and Bolsa Avenue in Westminster, California.
|This section needs expansion with: More significant history. You can help by adding to it. (October 2009)|
In the 1920s the world's largest goldfish farm was relocated to the area where the mall stands today. Construction of the mall began in the 1970s. Westminster Mall opened for business at 9:30 AM on August 7, 1974, with May Company, Sears and Buffum's, with J. W. Robinson's being added in 1975.
Three of the mall's anchors changed names in the 1990s. In 1993, Robinson's and May Company merged to form Robinsons-May. As a result, the May store was rebranded Robinsons-May, and the J.W. Robinson's was closed and converted to J.C. Penney, which had moved from Huntington Center (now Bella Terra). Buffum's also closed that year, becoming a Robinsons-May home store. In 2002, the Robinsons-May Home Store was torn down for a new Macy's which opened that year. When Federated Department Stores (now Macy's, Inc.) purchased Robinsons-May and other May Co. names in September 2006, Macy's moved to the Robinsons-May building, and the former location soon became a Target. Old Navy was added as well. In 2008, the mall underwent a renovation, relocating the carousel and constructing a play area in its place. The Grand Re-opening was on November 15, 2008.
Westminster Mall offers diverse food options including following:
- TGI Fridays
- Outback Steakhouse
- Cups frozen yogurts
- Burger King
- Fuji Japan
- Panda Express
- Wetzel's Pretzels
- "Multi-level mall due to open". Los Angeles Times. 1974-08-06. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Robinson's Opening in the Westminster Mall". Los Angeles Times. 1975-04-13. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Penney to move store to Westminster". Long Beach Press-Telegram. 1993-02-10. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Woodyard, Chris (1993-01-03). "Home Store to Open at Buffums Site". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Montgomery, Tiffany (2002-04-06). "Macy's Renovates Stores in Orange County, Calif.". Orange County Register. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Westminster Mall Westminster, California - CA. OutletStoresMalls.com. Retrieved: 24 February 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westminster Mall (California).|
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|